GMDSS Restricted Operator (VHF)
GMDSS Restricted Operator Course - to operate VHF radio station with DSC in A1 area. The syllabus content is below.
Course Duration: 1 week
Tuition Fee is INCLUDED in Day Skipper and Yacht Master Coastal Courses.
- Course topics include:
- The basics of radio operation
- The correct frequencies (channels) to be used
- Distress, emergency and medical assistance procedures
- Making ship to shore telephone calls
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) using simulators
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue (SART)